Member Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and operated by OKUKAN. By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide, you understand and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy (hereafter referred to as ‘Membership Agreement’).
1) As a member of OKUKAN, you agree to these terms and conditions, including the dojo code. Where members are children, this agreement also extends to their parents/guardians.
2) Members will make an effort to follow the code of conduct (Dojo Kun).
3) Members understand that all content and materials available on okukan.com.au, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Kindy Karate, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any images or content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorised by OKUKAN.
4) Members understand that they are solely responsible for, and OKUKAN will not be liable for, any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorised activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
5) Members will not teach karate publicly or privately unless with the explicit authorization of Sensei Sandra Contreras.
6) Members completely understand that karate can be a dangerous sport. Any member participates in training and activities associated to the practice of karate at their own risk. The member or his/her representatives hereby absolves and indemnifies OKUKAN, coaches and other students from all liability arising from injury, death or damage however caused, including by the negligence of the indemnified, arising out of any activity carried on by the indemnified.
7) All classes are subject to venue availability.
8) We reserve the right to close a class due to small numbers and to reallocate enrolled members in a class at a different time and/or location.
9) We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove parts of this Membership Agreement, at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Membership Agreement periodically for changes.Your continued training/active membership following the posting of changes to this Membership Agreement will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
10) On the day of enrolment and each time you or your child uses our dojo, you promise us that:
– you/your child are in good physical condition
– you know of no medical or other reason why you/your child cannot or should not do active or passive exercise
11) We reserve the right to refuse membership to any individual without explanation.
Decisions and actions at OKUKAN contribute to a safe environment placing great importance on the safety of students. We ensure instructors keep valid accreditation with the Australian Sports Commission. Our training venues are always equipped with a first aid kit and injury record forms to manage accidents.
- Memberships are lifetime but can be cancelled at anytime by OKUKAN if deemed necessary or appropriate. If membership is cancelled, monthly tuition will also be ceased.
- Membership is offered at Sensei Sandra’s discretion. We retain the right to refuse membership or to cancel membership on grounds of bad/disrespectful behaviour by the student(s) and/or parent(s).
- Members are not entitled to refunds of the membership fee.
- Members are not entitled to refunds of tuition.
- Members are only eligible to train if they have no outstanding fees.
- Members are only eligible to grade (or stripe) if they have no outstanding fees.
- Tuition can be cancelled at anytime without incurring fees for doing so. Please provide at lease seven days notice of cancellation, via email and await for confirmation of cancellation. If you cancel tuition, tuition will not be charged again, but there will be no refund of tuition that has already been paid.
- We encourage students to train regularly for their own benefit.
- Tuition is charged on a monthly cycle, one month in advance (ie. four weekly in advance).
- Tuition will start on the date of the first lesson, and recur monthly (ie. four-weekly).
- If a class is missed, a makeup class can be scheduled within the week. Please let us know if you or your child cannot attend class, and check with us to schedule a makeup session. Missed lessons are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
OKUKAN does not conduct classes on Public Holidays.
If you have any questions or comments about our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at: [email protected] This agreement is in effect as of 2017.